...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Poetry Thursday

This weeks prompt was hard for me. I'm mostly friendly with all words...but one just now popped into my head...The one my girls say..."MOM HATES that expression"...so lets see if I can make something out of nothing.....(cause really, I got nothing this time folks......)

Apollo Out

I've lived
long enough
to see
words
I speak,

(was taught
to speak
and
E NUN CI ATE,)

change
meaning,
well, if
not meaning,
intention.

just
a new
set of
seekers
(in
sneakers)

trying to
plant a
flag of
discovery
in an already
well mined
field

finding no
virgin
ground
no dirty
thought
unused,

one
young lad,
perhaps
poet to be,
just turned
the flag
on its head
instead!
plunging
it as deep
as he knew how
(for now)

and
called it
Good

or did
he say
BAD?

i couldn't hear
he was
mumbling.


wlf 8:15am
PEACE OUT, WORD TO MY PEEPS

Check out the GOOD STUFF at POETRY THURSDAY

PS...... I LA LA LA LA LINKED!!!!!!! WHOSE BAD??? I'M BAAAAADD!! WOOOO WHOOOO!! Uh huh, Uh huh, Uh Huh, UH HUH!

Labels:

posted by wendy at 7:59 AM

5 Comments:

Hey, you're GOOD! I think I've said that before, but I'll say it again: You're GOOD!

6/22/06, 9:51 AM  

great last line... sums up all your ambivalence about the word:
"i couldn't hear
he was
mumbling."

I also like the rambling rhythm of the line breaks ... like thinking. So, I think you did good with this week's prompt! ;-D

6/22/06, 10:01 AM  

You did a great job with a difficult prompt. I'll forgive your use of "sneakers" because I like the sound of "seekers in sneakers". Calling them "trainers" just wouldn't fit :-).


Thank you for your comment on my poem. To me the poem sounds so "high school" that I wasn't expecting to get much of a reaction. You caught exactly what I was trying to say.

6/22/06, 12:56 PM  

Really fun, playful riffing (and I really am taken with the title entirely!).

6/22/06, 6:51 PM  

This IS good - very very very good - I mean bad - I love it! (And another word tipped over on to its head is - sick - which now means awesome. )
LOVE the link dance you did!

6/23/06, 4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home