...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Lemon Drop, Please

Just a quick note of clarification.....No, I haven't lost my mind and run away from home or anything....The girls are joining me tomorrow...and we will be flying to the Big Island...with two of their friends. We accomplished this all on miles...so I had to fly separately..getting 5 free tickets ANYWHERE..on the same flight is nearly impossible.

Michael, of course, has a business trip...so will be joining us later. A perfect illustration of my quandary with him. It is because of his hard work..and miles in the air...that I am here in the first place ( The "pro" side of the argument). It is because of his addiction to his work, that I am unable to even schedule a family vacation..the WHOLE family...anymore. (The "con" side)

So now on to the quick story for the day.

It's been a long time since I have sat at a bar by myself. The last time I can remember, I did not have any rings on my left hand. Like I said, a long time.

I did not go to a hot spot..pick up joint...just the bar in the lobby. Lovely happy hour. Martini's for $5.00. A beautiful thing.

They had a singer..who had his Ukulele out for some of the songs. How I love Hawaiian music..really..almost makes me cry. Simple, lyrical, unassuming. Just what I aspire to be.

So I sidled up to the bar..and ordered a lemon drop.And then I had to sit there and drink it. By myself. I rarely drink, much less alone.Thank God it was a good lemon drop.

And then before you knew it, there were two men sitting separately, at a right angle from me.Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Now I'm not saying this to be conceded, just to point out the same theme as the penthouse.

When you have no need for something, you seem to be able to come upon it...in abundance.

The rest of the evening was spent trying to avoid eye contact...just enough not to seem like a cold bitch. That's how much I think of what people are thinking of me. Sad really.

Next up, a Pomegranate Cosmo. Yummy....and Then it was quickly back to my room...just as the bartender was striking up a conversation....

I think tonight...It will be room service for me.
posted by wendy at 3:34 PM

2 Comments:

How very ZEN of you! :D

6/5/08, 6:36 PM  

I adore room service. Really I do.

And I've never liked bars, never wanted to be there, not alone, not with friends, not with my husband, just NOT.

6/9/08, 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home