...quiet, about a lot of things...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Ode to my Body...At Least It's Wrapper

I have the skin of a snake.
Though I can not shed it.

Free myself.

In one birthing push, cast off
this vague impresssion.

Start anew.

My scales become fissures.
Some cracks turned to blood

red cuts.

More than death, less than life.
The skin of a snake! I long

to shed.

Centered, cracked right down the middle.
Open and ready, I want.

I want.

wlf 1:00pm

Finally, following a readwritepoem prompt... Geez, what a long dry spell..It's just spittin rain now..But Hey..it's something!
posted by wendy at 12:58 PM

5 Comments:

I want, I want! I like it... I don't know how to shed that snakeskin though!

2/19/08, 2:01 PM  

I like the placement of your words. It looks like a snake slithering through the grass!

2/19/08, 2:27 PM  

I really liked "In one birthing push, cast off/this vague impression"; nice imagery!

2/19/08, 10:51 PM  

Intriguing imagery. I keep coming back to read this.

2/20/08, 2:07 PM  

yow! that was awesome!

2/21/08, 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home