...quiet, about a lot of things...

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wings of Desire for Sunday Scribblings

Sometimes it feels like creators of these prompts have drilled tiny peep holes into my brain...and glance around to see what I have been thinking.

Just this morning I was feeling frightened. I often pray. Sometimes direct..sometime through angels. I think of my grandmother as one of my guardians...Another of my angels has a wicked sense of humour..yeah.. I guess I'd call it humour.

But, this morning I tried something different. I imagined the angel was within me. I tried to imagine, just for an instant feeling strong..beyond strong, invincible. I felt the weight of the wings. Where would they attach to my back?? What would it feel like to move the air, the heavens with my body?

I tried this, to feel the power within. As I've gotten older, I have grown weary of praying for help..divine intervention. I have instead shifted to asking for the patience and wisdom to find the strength to face off my enemies. I want to fight the good fight. I want to stand my ground. I need to feel the conviction of angels. The all knowing KNOWING. The connection to greatness. I need to transcend.

After that, I will fly. But for now I will stand tall and prepare the way for WINGS.

For more Winged fancies...go to Sunday Scribblings

PS: My favorite cinema images of angels are:
Angel in America...Emma Thomson..both as the nurse, the Archangel,and the proprietress of heaven..In God's "absence".
Wings of Desire. THE WHOLE THING..period..
and Clarence from It's A Wonderful Life...'Cause just like Clarence...I'll probably just muddle through, tripping as I go along.
posted by wendy at 8:47 PM

8 Comments:

Wings of Desire is one of my all time favourite films. I really enjoy It's a Wonderful Life too, its on the tv and in one of the local cinemas every Christmas!

4/29/07, 4:08 AM  

Super post! Yes, Emma was great, and Angels was a wonderful film. And yes, you WILL transcend!

I don't dance (anymore) but I still muddle through doing the light fantastic INSIDE.

4/29/07, 7:45 AM  

That whole thing about begging God for help... I don't think that's what prayer is for. As you said, it's about asking for patience to handle everything that comes our way. A super post, Wendy- and I do so love Clarence... he must be my angel as well!

4/29/07, 8:33 AM  

Lovely post, Wendy. I love the "imagining the angel is within me." And Wings of Desire is an amazing film - I've watched it many times. Have never seen Angels in America. And of course, It's a Wonderful Life is a classic. xo

4/29/07, 8:34 AM  

Wendy,
I agree with you on the praying for understanding and acceptance. Free will allows humans to create some confusing scenarios to say the least. Understanding would be good.
I wonder if the feeling of power that you describe here is similar to what sky-divers experience before they open their chutes.
Nice post.
rel

4/29/07, 2:37 PM  

I, too, find myself more frequently praying for strength to handle what comes my way rather than praying for God to make my way easier. A very empowering post.

4/29/07, 2:57 PM  

Quite a lovely post, Wendy. I feel as you do, that as I get older, it's not about asking for anything outside of me, but for that feeling of wholeness within, the strength that I need to muddle through, to be certain that all the wrinkles will be worked out as I go.

4/29/07, 7:11 PM  

I love this! Yes, I can identify with the stand and fight principle - altho I am a bit more of a scaredy cat than you - I could learn from you, you angel you!

5/2/07, 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home