...quiet, about a lot of things...

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Dance with Me

Rach went to the prom last night. She and a gaggle of girls went as a throng. She so much smarter than I ever was at her age. I never managed to go to the prom with my true object of affection. Junior prom was spent trying to make an ex insanely jealous...while ducking under tables to do...um...some "enhancing" substances.

Senior prom..was spent with a guy friend..actually an ex, who was still pining for me..while the new beau was at his own prom..We had both already been asked, when we met. Well, at least we has a little class..and didn't dump our dates. I'm sure I was lovely company for my date.(sure) As for my new boyfriend...in hindsight he probably got some...Boys being boys..and all...

Anyway..here's Rach..Junior Prom...Theme ..of course..Double O 7.....

She did come home early..skipped after prom..I'm sure there is a story there....


The Girl



The Dress
posted by wendy at 9:44 AM

5 Comments:

Her dress is adorable!

4/22/07, 10:30 AM  

I never went to any of my proms. I was too nerdy to have a date and too shy to go by myself. Plus I had a job, which gave me an excuse not to go.

Wow, your daughter is gorgeous. Takes after her mom, I suppose. Hope she had fun.

4/22/07, 3:03 PM  

Wow, wow, and wow. She doesn't just look beautiful, she looks smart. What a fab dress.

For whatever weird reason, on Saturday I remembered that my junior prom had been on April 21, 1979 (sorry I'm OLD). My long time boyfriend broke up with me on Friday the 13th but still took me to the prom because he was a decent guy. The fact that I knew he was a decent guy and that this was going to be our last date made the whole thing ever so emotional.

The epilogue: I heard from him out of the blue recently after not being in touch at all for at least two decades. He's a father of four boys and still a decent guy. : )

4/23/07, 8:52 AM  

Lovely girl! I never went to any of my proms either, Karl. Guess I was too nerdy, too. I was really shy, and stayed by myself most of the time.

You go, Rach!

4/23/07, 5:13 PM  

What a beautiful girl.

4/27/07, 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home