...quiet, about a lot of things...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday Scribblings..a tough one.

This weeeks prompt is Who we might still become. Much harder, I think than last weeks longings of Who We Might Have been. i haven't read any submissions yet...as I am Very late with this post...so I'll wing it..

A Prayer for NOW

I hope I will still become an activist. I hope that I will gain some sort of "esteem" of others, giving my voice more volume. I hope to be a role model. I hope to live up to being a role model..There is a saying from the Special Olympic (for the mentally disabled). The slogan goes like this "Lord let me win, If I can not win, let me be brave in my attempt." I hope to live my life, through all my actions, with that valor and honesty. I hope to pass on to my children, and my children's children this trait. A trait of honest ambition and sense of fair play.

I hope to learn to be more gentle to my self, when things don't go as planned....Things can't always go as planned..I'm not that good..and I don't want to be.

I want to be fierce and sexy and alive. Just as I am. The way I was made, the way I have aged. I want to bask in my years, and stop apologizing for not being twenty. I want to flirt with the occasional box boy and make him blush. I want every one to know I am more woman now...than I was then.

I want to listen to others wiser than myself, and hear their guidance without self defense. I want to learn all I can. I want to snip out the 10% of me that can be snarky and back biting. I want to be careful and precise in all my words and actions.

I want to be bold and unafraid..If attacked, I want to fight back. I never want to provoke. I want to cry when I'm sad..not when I am angry or want to be heard. I want to be grateful..I want to die saying "Thank you". and when I go to heaven and see my God before me...I want HE/SHE to say.. " I told ya you could do it. I always knew you would".

I cant wait to read some other takes on this at Sunday Scribblings.
posted by wendy at 8:51 PM

8 Comments:

I love this bit: I want to be fierce and sexy and alive. Just as I am. The way I was made, the way I have aged. I want to bask in my years, and stop apologizing for not being twenty. I want to flirt with the occasional box boy and make him blush. I want every one to know I am more woman now...than I was then.
That is so way cool!!!

8/13/06, 11:10 PM  

Great post! This part is my favorite:

I want to listen to others wiser than myself, and hear their guidance without self defense. I want to learn all I can. I want to snip out the 10% of me that can be snarky and back biting. I want to be careful and precise in all my words and actions.

I know that I could strive to be more like this! Thanks for sharing this!

8/14/06, 12:38 AM  

I liked this post - VERY much. Very empowering to read

8/14/06, 1:33 AM  

Beautiful, powerful words my friend. YES to all of it! Well said - your ideas and wishes speak to a life in the process of being well-lived. Very inspiring!

8/14/06, 3:53 AM  

I love this post! It's amazing how many of us seem to struggle with the same things. Two that particularly stood out for me are: "I'm not that good..and I don't want to be." and "I want to cry when I'm sad..not when I am angry or want to be heard." Well done!

8/14/06, 8:44 AM  

I love every line of this. I think we become more aware of our womanliness and strength as we get a little older. I had no idea at all when I was twenty. About anything.

8/14/06, 10:42 AM  

It's never too late to be the person you were meant to be, my dear.

Thank you for this post.

8/15/06, 4:05 AM  

Anne Lamott says there are only two prayers: Please, please, please, and Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is a beautiful post. Great writing! I want to copy this off and keep it next to my heart always, as a reminder....

8/16/06, 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home