...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Poetry Thursday- still yar

The first day back from two and a half weeks in Australia...and the gals at Poetry Thursday want to start with sex!! Yikes! You girls sound like my husband...everything is better with a lil sex first...root canal...ok..but a quickie first please.....My brain is still rocking, as in swaying, from too many days on a sail boat....so in my stuper I will try to join in the fun...I can not promise I will be successful in the least. Excuse me while I get another cup of coffee...and hopefully in the walk back from the kitchen...I will become talented....

OK...hot mug in hand and....still dim witted...ok, maybe i'll start mining the memories..and find something....

Still Yar

you had
had
me every
way
i
would let
you.


seemed
to shudder
with eyes
open as
often
as closed

i
kept
hoping
you'd
drop anchor
but
i could
not control
your tide
anymore
than you
could
control
my course

so,
when it
was over

at last

i was
left
in irons,
locked
in
crossing winds

wondering
if someone
would
man me
again

if i
a broken
boat,
an empty
vessel,

would
be
see worthy,
after
such
rough
a maiden
voyage

wlf 11:50 am

be sure to check out Poerty Thursday for more SEX..now there's something I didn't expect to ever write!!!

Labels:

posted by wendy at 11:28 AM

14 Comments:

I like the staccato rhythm, words dropping down the page as if it is too painful to utter more on each breath.

7/20/06, 1:14 PM  

Wow, either you still have boats from Australia on your mind -- or you were doing something else there for two and a half weeks...

7/20/06, 2:23 PM  

I enjoyed your poem.. ;-)

7/20/06, 2:27 PM  

ack.
now this is the kind of poem
i adore...
sparse but powerful words...
i loved this...
i'm going back to reread.

control of the tide
control of the course...

man me again...
rough maiden voyage...

damn.
i loved every part of this.

7/20/06, 5:12 PM  

and i'm back again
because i have just noticed
(after the fact)
that i had just posted
almost the exact
same message on someone else's blog
as the message you posted,
right above,
which was
"you own the shoes, he owns the rest"
on terminal chaosity's site...

obviously,
we think alike.
dark and twisted...
but alike.
:)

7/20/06, 5:45 PM  

beautiful imagery and rhythm... I loved your poem

7/20/06, 5:47 PM  

What a tremendous play of words and words and words:

if someone
would
man me
again

--of the spending and being spent in those moments. My!

7/20/06, 8:37 PM  

To have such things roll off your fingers with a morning cup of Joe.

Great!

7/20/06, 9:50 PM  

Love your poem, especially the form and the last lines.

Great!

7/20/06, 9:57 PM  

Nice extended metaphor. Easy and honest. Nice job!

7/20/06, 11:28 PM  

This was enjoyable, thanks for sharing

7/21/06, 8:20 AM  

"i was
left
in irons,
locked
in
crossing winds"

i know how this feels.... lovely poem x

7/21/06, 2:54 PM  

This rocks!!!

7/21/06, 8:45 PM  

Great poem! I love how it has such short lines.

7/24/06, 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home