...quiet, about a lot of things...

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Goosebumps.

I am a tingly girl. Lots of things raise the hair on my neck. When I was in LA, I was on an active spirit search. Could be because I was living with someone to whom I was serving my soul to everyday...with little nibbles disappearing every moment, I was left feeling lighter, and not better for it.

So I went looking for something to fix what was ailing me. I am not proud. I'll admit it. I tried many a thing. The bohdi tree had me on their frequent seeker list. Crystal, cards, psychics.Not much of it stuck. One thing did. The idea of humming. When all is right with me I hum. Not out loud. That can drive me crazy in the right circumstance....But I hum inside. I vibrate. Like a tuning fork. So if you stop reading now, it was nice to know you all.

But this is how I feel simpatico. I feel my "note" sync with someones different "note". This is not a sound. It is a moving tingle. A wave. A tactile glow.

It is when I speak the truth. And when I hear the truth, even though, the words may be lying. Anyway, on good days, I hum.

So it is no surprise that when I hear a building crescendo...be it a note in the music, a step in dance, or the perfect phrase, all the molecules in my body bounce so hard against each other, in some sort of wild boundless mosh pit...that I am alive. My skin pricks and aches to touch the source that surrounds me, penetrates me, becomes me. My skin reflects the ripples running full force through me.

PS.... Goosebumps big time,now.. for,as I write this, a piece on Cat Stevens has come on Sunday Morning CBS...whose very voice makes me hum.Whose words led me on many a strange path, humming all the way. Coincidence...I think not!......Shiver!

Follow this link..to hear Cat


Follow the sound of my vibration over to Sunday Scribblings...
posted by wendy at 8:27 AM

9 Comments:

I don't think that's strange, I think it's remarkably cool!

8/12/07, 10:19 AM  

The first music piece that came to mind was Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings". If you are not familiar with it, I recommend it highly as a piece that builds and builds to a beautiful crescendo. If you already know the piece, I hope you know what I mean.

8/12/07, 1:16 PM  

Music, dance, creativity in harmony -- BIG goosebumps!

8/12/07, 3:00 PM  

I think you just gave the coolest definition of goosebumps ever! I like your hum!!!

8/12/07, 4:23 PM  

Hum away!

8/12/07, 9:30 PM  

I never thought of humming as a way to get back in balance. And this post was wonderfully evocative. :)

8/12/07, 11:26 PM  

I hum to get out of stress. It works like charm.

8/13/07, 2:04 AM  

Love Cat Stevens. His music is part of the soundtrack of my teen years.

I hum when I'm deep in thought or in that wordless contented place where nothing needs to be explained.

8/13/07, 11:29 PM  

Very interesting!

8/14/07, 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home