...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Nearest Book Challenge...

Thanks to Kay...for offering a solution for writers block.

The challenge: Reach for the nearest book. Find page 123 and copy the fifth sentence.

Well ok...except..it's me...so OF COURSE...The first book I reach for, does not have 123 pages. Hum? meaning? I'm not sure...

OK, on to the second on the pile...and yes I am a pile of books by my bed kinda gal. Good. This one is a nice and thick book. A big Girl book...

So here it is.

"I'd spent the afternoon making hay,really lending a hand to a farmer making hay, and after a few hours in the midday sun hoisting and throwing fifty-pound bales onto a hay wagon, I hurt."

WOW! You REALLY are what you read!

Quote is from The Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollan.

The short and sweet book that topped it...sadly was not Pat the Bunny....or Goodnight Moon..as those days have past, for now. It was The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra....subtitled: One Hour of Wisdom.

Sometimes lately, I am so distracted...I have, like, one MINUTE. Which may be the reason why so often I come up a little short on Widsom..huh?
posted by wendy at 9:13 AM

3 Comments:

Hey! MY sentence was also from Deepak Chopra! :D

6/26/08, 11:28 AM  

That's an amazing co-incidence - but I say there's no such thing as co-incidences, but only meant-to-bes.
Happy to nudge Wendy! Hope the writing moves into full swing in its own natural time, like a fork through hay (or horse poop) ;)

6/26/08, 4:02 PM  

I have been reading Living Buddha, Living Christ for months now. Um, it's not a HARD book. The distractibility quotient in the reader? Very high.

6/27/08, 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home