...quiet, about a lot of things...

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A Fork Stuck In The Road

Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.

Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.

So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.

It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

So take the photographs
and still frames in your mind.

Hang it on a shelf
In good health and good time.

Tattoos of memories
and dead skin on trial.

For what it's worth,
it was worth all the while.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

(music break)

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.


I know all of you are hip enough to know this is the Mega Hit from a couple years back (YIKES! Over ten years ago..holy crap)..TIME OF YOUR LIFE..by Green Day....

If I could sing a single note on key, I would sing this to daughter Rachel; who now sits in the wonderful position of having to decide between some pretty awesome colleges to attend. The price of abundance.


(Note the above photo, is not of her sisters head/scalp after a bloody brawl...It's when Rach cut her hair for Locks of Love..a month ago)

She is still waiting on two answers. But for now, it's between UC Berkeley and Lewis and Clark University. Two very different colleges. Two very different sides to my first born.

One, in my meager opinion, fits her like Cinderella's slipper....all perfect. The other is also an incredible fit...but for different reasons..plus it all blingy and is a house hold name, with uber brand recognition. Lot of ego involved there.I'll leave it to you to decipher which is which.

I've called friends to ask for advise to pass on. They have tried their best. May God Bless them for that. I will try my best in return. But really, it is not my decision to make. It is HERS...The first door she will open on her own. The first step in crafting her brand new life away from us in ho-dunk Colorado. She will be Magnificent.

I hope she has the time of her life.
posted by wendy at 9:55 AM

6 Comments:

I do have friends who went to Berkeley and loved it. But be prepared for her protesting every time you buy a product made in China or refusing to eat meat or joining a band of Colombian rebels fighting the fascist government.

4/1/08, 10:59 AM  

One of my sons graduated from Lewis and Clark, and my daughter-in-law used to be a professor there! Nice location, lots of trees, woodsy paths...smells really good there.

Hug a tree!

4/1/08, 1:59 PM  

btw, my youngest is waiting to hear from some of the law schools he applied to...waiting is the worst! His whole life is on hold until he hears from them. His wife is getting antsy.

4/1/08, 2:04 PM  

i know nothing of either of these
but wish you both the best of luck
in the decision making process...
i'm sure it will not be easy.

and she is a beauty!
:)

4/2/08, 1:36 PM  

My hunky, blonde rugby-playing, outdoor loving, Eagle Scout, student journalist godson is a freshman at Berkeley. : )

But seriously, who she is in all her glory and complexity will be enhanced but not DETERMINED by her school choice. It is an important decision but not as important as some would make it out to be. All the decisions she made to become the woman she is and the small choices she makes each day will shape her at least as much, if not more, than the school she attends for four years.

4/2/08, 5:20 PM  

I'm from Portland, so I have a weakness for Lewis & Clark. Either will be fabulous, just different. Wonderful to have to pick between two great schools.

Do remind her that a glacier is only an hour away.

River(s), ocean, glacial mountain(s), boarding, horses, hiking, climbing, fishing, coffee (way better than the Bay area), quirky, beer (waaaaayyyy better than the Bay area). The biggest independant bookstore in the world. Good bicycle community.

She's gorgeous, too!

4/3/08, 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home