...quiet, about a lot of things...

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Are you a man or a mouse?

Well, I got my answer over the last weekend. I went down to Texas to a clinic. I rode a 17'3 hand grey TB. I could barely touch the top of his withers on my tippy toes. So I am a (wo)man!!Right?? wrong. This was not the event that defined this weekend.

Instead it was a clogged toilet. Not clogged, but lets say slow,yes, challenged.

I left the motel, a low end Marriott, at 8am each day. On the second day, I let the desk know there was a problem brewing in room 325. It would be fixed, they assured. I went on my way, and returned at 9:00pm, to find not only had the room not been cleaned, but the toilet still looked stuffy. A call down stairs, confirmed that the MAIDS had said I wanted no service, so nothing had been done. Never mind that I had in the flesh, reported the problem to the desk. Maids trump guests, I suppose.

What happened?? Did I raise a little Texas Hell? nope. I went down to the desk, picked up the icky plunger, (I looked for the hazmatt suit....to no avail)and rectified the problem myself. I am not skilled with a plunger. That's what husbands are for...ask Neil..at Citizen...he knows. Still a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

So a man or a mouse? A mouse. Definitely. My husband laughed so hard when I told him I had plunggered my own ca mode..at the MARRIOTT..He could not believe my need not to ruffle feathers! He's going to take over from here...calling...getting comped for the stay..so on and so forth. He is the man!! I am the mouse. The mouse with a plunger..The mouse who had to pee. Well, what's a mouse to do??
posted by wendy at 8:13 AM

3 Comments:

You're one gutsy mouse. LOL

2/7/07, 9:14 AM  

You are hilarious - you face down all sorts of dangers, but you don't make a scene at the Marriott! The least they should have done is switch rooms. You should write a letter and maybe they'll give you a free room at another hotel.

2/7/07, 5:26 PM  

I'm sure you rock that plunger like a pro.

2/13/07, 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home