...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bazooka Joe...for poetry thursday

They had a cool idea over at PT....I like this idea of Poetry and a Gum ball. Sadly, I didn't do the research I was supposed to...(big surprise!!!). So instead I'll try to blow a bubble as big as my head.....watch this.....



Gum Ball

A child
Money lacking,
with happiness
only one
nickle away.

Life could
be sweet.
with bubbles
impossible,
that broke
on command.

(never to
tangle
by mistake
in ones hair.)

the flavour
would last
til
your jaw
was sore.

But the pink
was always
sweeter
through
the glass.



wlf 8:15am

IT should be interesting this week!

Labels:

posted by wendy at 7:53 AM

8 Comments:

I used a nickel in my poem today too! Or at any rate, in the introduction ot my poem. Alas, I was sorely disappointed to find out recently that bazooka changed the packaging and shape of their gum! No more funnies! Now they are printed on the back of the wrapper, and are nearly illegible!

1/4/07, 2:30 PM  

Fun take on the prompt! Too many good lines to name. Your poem makes me want to buy Bazooka gum.

1/4/07, 8:21 PM  

I didn't do the research either, but certainly enjoyed your take. I recall as a kid thinking (knowing apparently from experience) that the gum balls looked a lot better than they tasted.

1/5/07, 3:09 AM  

It's a wonderful poem! Brings up a lot of memories.

1/5/07, 11:47 AM  

I wish I had saved some of those funnies that used to be in Bazooka Bubble Gum. I bet they are someplace on the web, for those of us who are sloppy nostalgic and sentimental. But I can sure remember the taste.

Happiness is STILL a nickle away?

I enjoyed the poem!

1/5/07, 7:01 PM  

Happiness remains one nickel away - that one nickel we can't ever get our hands on, the one stuffed somewhere between the sofa cushions...hmmm....

1/6/07, 1:15 PM  

Gumball machines, bazookas - all foreign to me - but I can still relate to your poem anyway - some things are universal; such as disappointment, choice and tantalising fulfilment just outa reach. Well put.

1/10/07, 6:19 PM  

My jaw
aches already
from swallowing
large fistfuls
of life.

Great bit. I like the rhythm in this one.

1/11/07, 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home