...quiet, about a lot of things...

Friday, December 01, 2006

Tis the Season

I have this weird thing. It's not Christmas....til Christmas. My thanksgivng decorations are still out...no Turkeys....but autumn leaves and such. I will put them away this weekend, and slowly begin to change the season inside my house. Mags let me know that her friend Court's mom put up their tree and all their decorations..the day after thanksgiving....What a nice tradition for them I said, adjusting my cornacopia of sunflowers. My house. My rules. (yeah right!)

Before she left for indoor soccer Mags popped her head into my room saying "Happy Holidays Mom...It is December now, ya know....get a move on!!"

I know. I know. Better get busy! I've been warned!!
posted by wendy at 6:59 PM

5 Comments:

Oh, I hate rushing the holidays. I don't even want to hear Christmas music yet. It feels too early. I am beginning to think about putting up more twinkle lights to add to the ones I never too off the balcony above the living room last year.

12/1/06, 9:50 PM  

That's so sweet! I'm a bit laggardly too when it comes to putting up decorations - one of my friends has her decorations up by the 19th Nov now THAT is a little too soon for me.

12/1/06, 11:26 PM  

Well hell, it's only December 2nd! It's not like you're a retailer, who has to start decorating for Christmas in October!!

12/2/06, 6:26 AM  

Well, hell, tell MAGS to get busy! You already have three feet of snow--well, maybe not three feet, but enough. It should be starting to look a lot like CHristmas ! *jingle* *jingle* (and I've brought some corn for poppin')!

12/2/06, 1:57 PM  

PS I really love that photo of you and Rags, or Spot, or whoever that is.

12/2/06, 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home