...quiet, about a lot of things...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Procrastination is just another word for MEME

Thanks to Rose of Sharon, for giving me an excuse to yet again justify not writing my 1600 words this morning on my novel THINGIE. That's right! Now my future bestsellers name is THINGIE. Riveting..huh.

So to take a break, Ms. Ruminating sticks me with the letter U. Thanks dear, really. So here it is....

10 things that ROCK starting with the letter U

1. U-2. Elevation is one song I can always rock to..and A beautiful day...and Still haven't found what I'm looking for...and...and...(you get the picture) My favorite U-2 moment..Bono meeting Bill Gates, who had never heard their music. Taking Melinda to a concert in Seattle...and saying they were pretty good.

2. Unicorn. Looks like a horse that can talk to me..and bends down do I can get on, always good. and never is covered in filth/mud/you don't want to know. Is always gleaming and wears posies in his tail...oh and follows instructions I whisper in his ear...and never steps on my foot.

3. Umbrella. I never have an umbrella when I need one. I always get soaked. I love that part. But I still like umbrellas. I think they look like art, esp old antique one's with bamboo handles. I also like photographs of umbrellas.

4. Unique. Most days this word is my friend. I like unique. It runs right through my core. Other days I feel like I settle for the word, because anything else is impossible.

5. Ubiquitous. a shout out to a college boy's blog I read. Definition (roughly) everywhere at one time, thus always present. This would be a really good thing.

6. Ukulele I love Hawaiian music..not Don Hoe's Tiny Bubbles.. but IZ singing somewhere over the rainbow, makes me weep, and Lilo and Stitch sound track rocks...hey, Elvis liked it too...I can't be that weird!!

7.Undressing. No description needed.

8. United States of America. Praying, hoping for the united to make a comeback.

9. Upward.or just up. Stop looking down. Cast your eyes Upward!!

10. Until The most hopeful word I know. The word of plot twists and surprises and of happy trails. Until is a prayer.



5 bummer U Words



1. UnderestimateThe person who underestimates is always pompous, and usually wrong.

2. Undertaker just a creepy job title.

3. Uneaten. In my family, this means Left overs, which for some reason, do not get used up, so I have to cook...again.

4. Used Up Everyone feels like this from time to time. Never a good or pretty day.

5. Ugly. Although when ugly is coupled with Betty.. Then its a whole other matter.But, more often though,its used as a judgement. a verdict. a slander. Just a hateful word.


There. Thanks Sharon...Now I have to get back to the task at hand.

PS... Undressed could go on both lists. Depends on who you are undressing for...
posted by wendy at 10:23 AM

5 Comments:

Ahhh, loved the list, Wendy! I knew you would rise to the challenge and you did...with ubiquitous and ukuele! Brava! Hey and uneaten could be on either list too! It was a nice distraction though, eh? Distraction being a much nicer word than procrastination. Are you going to share your "Thingie" when it's done? If so, I can't wait to read it.

11/11/06, 1:12 PM  

I remember when I first learned the word Ubiquitous; it's a great word. The best thing about being Underestimated is, when you get to prove them wrong. My favourite Ukelele player is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole; my husband and I both love his rendition of "Over the Rainbow." Until later...

11/11/06, 10:25 PM  

THINGIE. Hhmmm. Work on it.

I am way behind, too, but will get back on it as soon as I finish procrastinating.

Loved your lists, too!

11/12/06, 12:21 PM  

I dunno, I think undressed is a decidedly positive word. What does that say about me? ;)

11/17/06, 7:49 PM  

This is fab - I especially like #8 and your sentiments. And for the bummer U words - I like your take on underestimate. Hear, hear!

11/18/06, 5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home