...quiet, about a lot of things...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Not One Single Post..Since Blog Her

I'm not sure that this was the desired effect.

So here, I offer the briefest of recaps.

1. I found the speakers uniformly excellent. I listened intently to the McCain vs Obama debate. Try as they may, that's what it ended up being.. A Debate. Two highly accomplished women..jousting. How I respect these women! And yet, how I so wish that there was the possibility of a discussion. For, in all the bobbing and weaving..answers turned more point:counterpoint..rather than, listen then respond.
(A silly aside..I couldn't help thinking about the old "Jane you ignorant slut" line from the vintage SNL gag. If only we could giggle and think at the same time...)

2. I found the men at the conference very approachable. Perhaps because I found the women:

3. very UNAPPROACHABLE. Big surprise.

4. Lastly, I want to offer my profound thanks to the one woman..who approached me at the cocktail party at Macy's...to tell me I had powdered chocolate on the tip of my nose...and on my lips. Down in the lingerie department they had these Kahlua, rocket fuel,coco rimed shot thingys. I told you I would be drinking....So I had one of these little devils, which also had cayenne pepper in there somewhere! CALIENTE'!!!

(Made me almost buy this cute little leopard bustier number....but I digress)...But instead, all I got was a coco milk mustache. PERFECT!!!!!

How I would love candids of me sashaying though all those "cool" women...looking like a 4 year old clown. What? I was going for a look. Really? Not buying that? Ah well....Anyway, thanks to the sister that finally helped me out... probably the 500th woman I saw that night. To all those who said nothing at all....shame, shame on you. Karma is, just like each one of you ...A BITCH.

Shall we just get real? It's not the first time it's happened..Won't be the last. I trip. I drool. I snort when I laugh. That's just how I roll.

It is what it is.
posted by wendy at 10:22 AM

2 Comments:

Oh boy, that must have been embarrassing ... did no-one do the signing thing where you look at someone and wipe your own mouth in order to get the other person to wipe theirs? if I was you, I would stick to the His side!! At least there's more chance of getting away with being the cute chick with chocolate on her nose! :)

7/30/08, 5:20 AM  

I've missed you--but I KNEW you were havin' FUN!

7/30/08, 9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home