...quiet, about a lot of things...

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Symbols and Seasons

The fall is here. The leaves are starting to change. The surrendered ones skip across my drive way and lawn. The mornings are crisp. The sun is tired of it's long work day, and calls it quits earlier and earlier. I can easily understand this. I get weary too.

October is my birth month. It's right around the corner. I'm attending my 25th High school reunion. Haven't seen some of these girls in 25 years. We had a small graduating class..48 in all. I usually would avoid Pasadena, and reminiscing..but I decided, if not now, When?

I will also meet a friend, I've never met. That should be very interesting.

In the middle of the month, right after my 43rd birthday, I will take Rachel and her close friend on College Tour: The Northern CA Edition. We will tour Stanford, Berkeley, St. Mary's and Santa Clara.

I will have lunch with a boy. With whom I lost my virginity.

It's going to be a full month.

The first snow will come. The sweaters will move from back to front. I will move inside, in my thoughts, in my mood and in my riding. Better gallop now, while I can. Months of indoor arenas are ahead.

As if to signal this change, I wanted to do something different. Something that would remind me that it is all just part of this wonderful life. The wonderful endless dying and birthing, changing and remaining...life.

I think I'm smack in the middle now...so I wanted find something represent that. Physically.

And this is what I came up with....



I am now a tattooed lady. It makes me giggle.
posted by wendy at 11:30 AM

6 Comments:

What a poignant description of the internal and external season of your life now.

I am digging in the same garden with you and turning over the same dirt. : )

I love your bold tattoo. I sometimes imagine putting something Celtic on my lower back. Something, of course, with interlocking rings and circles.

The more I look at life as a circle, the less scary it is, because I'm no longer on a journey leaving things behind, feeling pressure to GET OVER things or GET TO things. When I see it as a circle, I have the luxury of revisiting good and bad times and planting new seeds as I go.

9/29/07, 12:42 PM  

A tattoo! How cool. I can't wait to see it.

9/29/07, 2:39 PM  

HaHA! Yea for you! (WHere is that, anyway, and, does it wash off?)

If only I were 50 years younger....

How I admire you. This is a great post. You get to meet Neil! Another HaHA! Gee. Tell him "Hi" from me. (He prolly has no idea who I am....)

Have a great trip with your daughter. Take notes on your reunion and *that* lunch. I dare you to wear your coonskin poet cap!

The tat looks so much better that the bruise you showed us!

9/30/07, 6:27 PM  

Pretty!
Keep having fun.
Enjoy all your restorations.

10/1/07, 3:58 AM  

You're very brave to get a tattoo. It's pretty.

Have fun this month traveling back in time with your daughter's future.

Rose

xo

10/1/07, 7:27 AM  

Beautiful tattoo. I have been so tempted. So tempted.

Enjoy your travels. It's a nice time for reunions and new meetings. Something's in the air that way.

10/3/07, 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home