...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Someone Elses Prompt....

pause

nothing good
starts with a
pause

with an instant
to steel or steady
to reason or reckon

nothing: no thing
good waits.

See, good plunges
forward.

like a
falling fool

like a puppy
without breaks.

like a
full frontal
hard -pressing -firmly
intent on a thigh.

good can't
take time
to breathe
let alone
think.

Such is
this rapid
fire we call
good.


wlf 1:51



Killing two birds with one stone...and after all, it is Thursday......and everyones over at jilly's
posted by wendy at 1:46 PM

8 Comments:

Such a joy to read...and :-)

The rhythm works so well with your words.


Glad your daughter is okay after this "first". I trust mother is as well.

9/20/07, 10:19 PM  

this rapid fire
we call
good

Fine poem! I forgot it was Thursday (I forgot TUEsday, too, but my keyboard been nutty and I couldn't have posted anyway.)

9/20/07, 10:35 PM  

this part's really hot (after the full frontal stanza):

good can't
take time
to breathe
let alone
think.

9/21/07, 8:50 AM  

This is a fantastic poem! I love it. I am green - I wish it was mine! ;)

9/22/07, 1:05 AM  

'like a
falling fool'

Love it. So glad I found the Traveling Poetry show.

9/22/07, 10:55 AM  

"Such is
this rapid
fire we call
good."

i love this skinny poem. and oh, the full frontal stanza is hot! :P

9/22/07, 12:19 PM  

Love it. It's so direct. I especially like your take on the word "good."

9/23/07, 7:21 AM  

This is making me comb my brain for something good that begins with a pause...not finding anything. No thing. : )

Great observation well delivered.

9/23/07, 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home