...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Poetry Thursday

Song lyrics are great out loud.

Hey little girl,
Is your daddy home?
Did he go away and
Leave you all alone

Bruce Springsteen "I'm on Fire"

With that couplet, Bruce captures the hearts of all the abandoned and disguarded daughters and women...and paints the picture of many an odd love story that follows.

the following poem has audible elements, but, is quiet...just like me.

LAME

Close your eyes

he said
His words hung
icy, in the air

Listen, instead.

Hollow hoofbeats
tapped scrathy gravel
in rythmn, in sync

and then, a slight
hesitant note.
a break in cadence,
missed a beat

he let me hear
where he hurt.

walking back
silent,
I listened to
our broken gaits


i wondered if
he closed his eyes,
could he hear, clearly,
where I hurt?

Nudging my pocket,
his response,

Way too easy.
No need to
close my eyes.

wlf 8:33am


PS....Kinda inspired by yesterdays enrty.

Labels:

posted by wendy at 8:16 AM

5 Comments:

I liked the first one --
"Hey little girl,
Is your daddy home?
Did he go away and
Leave you all alone"

wonderful..
Thanks for sharing..

6/1/06, 8:54 AM  

he let me hear
where he hurt

Wow--those "h" sounds, the slant rhymes, the simple words, the compactness: wow oh wow oh wow!

6/1/06, 12:48 PM  

I love this poem! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, which led me back here to read it!

6/1/06, 10:14 PM  

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, which is how I found you. And I'm glad I did! First, I love Springsteen - have seen him in concert twice in Paris, since we've been here. And we live across the street from Longchamp, so are big horse-racing enthusiasts; my husband in particular. So your piece about horses from May 31 is fascinating to him. As for your poem, it's beautiful! Well done!

6/1/06, 11:52 PM  

Your poem is so quite and economical, but speaks volumes.

Lovely!

6/2/06, 3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home