...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Begin at the End, Then Proceed...for Poetry Thursday

This is the very first poem I ever posted for Poetry Thursday. So I will use it for the excercise/ totally optional prompt today. That circle thing again.

It was a wildly weird yet thrilling feeling waaaay back then.. I hadn't written poetry for years, and the idea of casting it to the wind, was well, at the very least, provocative! But, soon, I settled in to the place PT carved for me, the safe small chair that was always waiting for me in the corner behind Joyce and Kay.

I've become very comfortable here..and haven't once worried again about confessing into darkness. Poetry Thursday has become my wailing wall..all my poems folded in on them selves, stuffed into cracks, offered as prayer. Evidence, really of this life I am crafting, these choices I am making, and these truths I am telling.

I think God has been pleased, by this tangent, this tiny concentrated effort, this little belief in creation. Perhaps he came here also, to rest a bit and hide from the lunatics taking over the asylum....Maybe that's why I could hear him whispering in my ear.



Lineage


too much
her mothers
daughter, i fear.


yet, still
She shows
much improvement, yes?

i have
become a
good brood mare.

leaving the
next generation
this bettering of

my self.
She will
go further than

i ever did.

wlf 8:16


Go on now, trot on over to Poetry Thursday...go on now, GIT!

Labels:

posted by wendy at 7:57 AM

9 Comments:

This is very effective within its brief span. Both pride & regret come across.

8/23/07, 9:37 AM  

"She will
go further than

i ever did."

I read hope here...

8/23/07, 10:12 AM  

I feel God tugging at my sleeve too! Hope is one of his great gifts that you have beautifully expressed.

8/23/07, 11:51 AM  

Ah, I love this -

8/23/07, 4:51 PM  

a lot of punch packed into a few lines. Very nice. :)

8/23/07, 6:04 PM  

This is an amazing affirmation of faith and family. Very powerful.

Rose

xo

8/24/07, 6:02 AM  

Thank you for the shout. (And I LOVE sitting in the same corner with you!)

How did your workshop go? You should have taken this one --good work.

8/24/07, 8:54 AM  

Both. You should have taken both of them.

8/24/07, 8:56 AM  

Thanks for the shout. :)
I'm right there with you kiddo!

8/27/07, 2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home