...quiet, about a lot of things...

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Money..for Sunday Scribblings

Here are the lyrics to this circa 70's song.

Catches me in the car each time i hear it.
Go to post above the title to hear it sung by Ten Years After



I'd Love to Change the World


Everywhere is
Freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies
Tell me where is sanity


Tax the rich
Feed the poor
Till there are no
Rich no more



I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you


Population
Keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding
Still more feeding economy


Life is funny
Skies are sunny
Bees make honey
Who needs money, monopoly


I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you



Oh yeah


World pollution
There's no solution
Institution
Electrocution
Just black or white
Rich or poor
Them and us
Stop the war


I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you


From: Mary Clare Stanley


Now let me just honestly tell you which part challenges me the most. It's not any part about peace, or population. I'm all for both.

It's the part about money. I do believe with all my heart that we ought to tax the rich, feed the poor..til there are no rich -no more.

My heart nods along to the truth of this..finds the beat. Until my head pops in, and in an off key voice whispers my dirty little secret....

"Have not we, in many respects, Wendy Darling, become the Rich, of which you now speak?"

I can not lie to myself. As I have typed over and over again, why even bother to try?

Does this proposition thrill me, or petrify me? Am I willing to feed the poor? Certainly. Now, til there are no rich -no more? Pause. Shameful pause.

Would I level the playing field, giving everything away, so that we could all be equal? Would I have to see my neighbors go first, before unlocking my coffers?

I don't know. That makes me sad to admit that.. You see I would love to change the world, but I don't know what to do...So I'll leave it up to you.

God, forgive us all.

American sentence:

I already have been educated; so please, just entertain me.

For more on Money Money Money...go to Sunday Scribblings
posted by wendy at 9:23 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home