...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Poerty Thursday

A poem to carry with you....


My favorite poet is e.e cummings. My Most favorite poem of his for THE RECORD is (somwhere i have never traveled). I findmyself, or how i would love to be viewed, in that poem. But I carry that one in my head, phrases, all the time.

The poem for today speaks to THIS PART of my life. When I have found a mature woman in the mirror, when it becomes to easier to analyze than live sometimes. When I wrestle with kids, feeling and control. When I long to be free and quiet... Happy Thursday..

PS This will be carried folded up...teeny tiny, in my bra. Has to be teeny tiny...cause my bras don't hold much...I also hold sugar cubes for my horses in there when I ride...and my husband made reference,once, to the odd sweet and salty taste of my right breast.. but I digress.......

since feeling is first

since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you;

wholly to be a fool
while Spring is in the world

my blood approves,
and kisses are a far better fate
than wisdom
lady i swear by all the flowers. Don't cry
-the best gesture of my brain is less than
you eyelids flutter which says

we are for eachother: then
laugh, leaning back in my arms
for life's not a paragraph

And death i think is no parenthesis

e.e. cummings


Cant wait to see what you others carry, and where??? I'm going to Poetry Thursday...

Labels:

posted by wendy at 7:47 AM

6 Comments:

i also adore ee cummings...
although i have not read
enough of him.

i enjoyed this one...
:)

8/31/06, 8:38 AM  

You're so funny, carrying the poem in your bra! And your husband! :) The ee cummings poem is one of my favourites, but I'd forgotten all about it. Thanks for the reminder!

8/31/06, 9:34 AM  

Hehehe! My 10 yr old granddaughter asked (just before she started 5th grade this week), "When can I get a bra?" When you get something to put in it, I thought. My 3 year old grandson has lately been wearing his mother's bra over his eyes! "See my NEW SUNGLASSES," he says.

A great poem, just right for wearing in your bra!

8/31/06, 4:04 PM  

PS Miss Wendy, Miss Wendy...in the new avatar picture: is that a kangaroo you are tickling? And, do you REALLY have a kangaroo TAIL???

8/31/06, 4:08 PM  

Pepek...Yep those are Kangas..as for the tails..oh how I am LAUGHING!!There were roo's everywhere....but I hadnt thought Quite that close!!!!

8/31/06, 4:37 PM  

This one is really appropriate here "downunder" on the first day of spring
- "wholly to be a fool/while Spring is in the world"

8/31/06, 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home