...quiet, about a lot of things...

Friday, May 12, 2006

the smell of helium in the morning

Today is my youngest daughters, Maggie,best friends 13 birthday. We have been, well I should say, Maggie has been obsessing over details of this day for 10 days. Why 10 days?..because that's when they became best friends again...after the great riff of March...where in they were over....and friends ...and over...you get the pic.

Anyway, I think they came back together this time running track. Both of them are gazelles, cheetas, things of beauty to watch run. Both sprinters. At a time when some girls there age are struggling to steer hips and tame breasts that have sprouted cumbersome as a camels humps....these two are in control...on that track ...they rock. Always in the same heats they ave come in 1st, 2nd or 2nd, 1st I think every time. They cross the finish line with smiles and that sly high five I could never pull off..if my life depended on it.

So this AM I'm up way too early to make a treck to the local grocery store for 6 pink and 6 lime green balloons for Mags friend to carry today at school..oh and 1 happy b-day ballon...making the perfect 13..... Wrestling the bouqet in to my car at 7:00 am and hurrying to get her to school, I haven't see her this excited in a while.

Getting out of my car, I get a quick kiss, and then she's off like the wind..Her balloons and blonde hair trailing behind her..She is joy and grace..and I'm just glad I got to watch her as she leaves.
posted by wendy at 7:58 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home