...quiet, about a lot of things...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Who Haunts?..for Writers Island

I think when I'm done on this plane, I'll be, for the most part, done. I may check back with those I love, give a sign, lend a hand. But I really doubt that haunting would be a hobby I would pursue with much gusto.

Sure, I'd like to rattle some cages while I am alive. That's true. But I'm hoping that by the time I've expired, that phase will have passed.

I think to haunt, you really have to be pretty pissed off about something. I'm scanning my life to see if there is anyone I feel the need to torment. I'm coming up with no one. Certainly I have been wronged before.I've been hurt and mistreated just like any other future bodiless soul. But even in the doing of it, even in uncovering malicious intent, I have never managed to hate someone. Yet. I guess in that respect, I have been really lucky.

Or it could just be that I really do believe that it is all just part of the life we get to live here, as mortals. For joy there must be sorrow, for pain their is always pleasure. So for love, there should be hate, right? But what if that's not right. What if hatred is missing the mark, making a mistake, misunderstanding the situation. What if we are all on the same trip, returning to the same home.. Returning to good?..Some of us on the fast track..some of us having to do a little more heavy lifting..

Oh, I don't know. And I suppose this points out why I would be a really bad haunter. I think I will be much more interested in learning some answers..than I would be in asking the same old questions...I haven't the foggiest what will come next..after I die.

But I hope it will be time to try a different neighborhood, or a new flavor of life.


For more Haunting feelings...glide on over here...
posted by wendy at 11:38 AM

7 Comments:

I'm with you, Wendy. Who wants to waste time and energy haunting someone over the same old thing, over and over again! Sounds pretty boring. But your take on the prompt is anything but!

10/30/07, 6:17 PM  

Yup. I, too, am looking for an end to my haunting ways. It's not easy... :) Nice work!

10/30/07, 10:15 PM  

Interesting and thought provoking take! Excellent, Thank YOU!

10/30/07, 10:55 PM  

Interesting take on the prompt..
I would love to haunt my memories, if possible, revenge is in the air :)

10/31/07, 7:03 AM  

is it shallow of me to want to haunt orlando bloom just because he's hot???

10/31/07, 12:41 PM  

I'm not passionate enough to haunt anyone--but sometimes I feel haunted by others' expectations.

10/31/07, 12:53 PM  

I don't know about you, but if I come back, I'm wearing my coonskin cap. Just so you know.

Don't confuse me with that Crockett guy, okay? (I won't be carryin' no shotgun).

10/31/07, 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home