...quiet, about a lot of things...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Writers Island..the Launching

Nice to meet you....I'm Mary Anne.

Now, all joking aside...I couldn't help note the date..and realize it has become just that a date, a memory, not the quick painful stab in the gut it used to be.

I'm getting my hair done today. I wonder how I made that appointment, without pausing.

One look at the pictures, and I'd be back. I'm not a date person. I always forget birthdays and such. But I never forget a face. If I looked the terror in the eyes, it would be fresh in me. As fresh as when I lowered my sleepy self back on the bed and dug my toes into the carpet, to make sure I was not dreaming.

The prompt today was Imaginary Life. I will quote John Lennon...

Imagine
by John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one




Good luck to us all on Writers Island
posted by wendy at 9:11 AM

9 Comments:

Ah! He sang it all the way through, in my head!

9/11/07, 9:27 AM  

Very appropriate words for this occasion. (I have to admit I deliberately booked J's return flight for Wednesday, rather than today - superstition, I guess - or not wanting to tempt fate).

9/11/07, 9:37 AM  

Can anyone forget that song ever?

Thanks for posting this.

9/11/07, 10:25 AM  

So appropriate - thanks for posting it in its entirety and for your comments that precede it. Very nice!

9/11/07, 11:56 AM  

I almost used that song with my post. I always remember this date and I loved your tribute.

9/11/07, 5:24 PM  

Writing the date today gave me the stab, but I am a date person.

9/11/07, 6:18 PM  

I love this song, especially today. I could hear it, too.

I also like the clear specific memory of how your feet responded the momment you heard six years ago.

9/11/07, 9:31 PM  

have you ever heard blues travelers' version of this song...it's...it's...beyond words...

9/12/07, 1:02 PM  

Perfect Wendy... for the prompt and for 911 -- may that someday be the world!

Glad you're an islander! ;)

9/13/07, 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home