...quiet, about a lot of things...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

Better Late


I'd to will it
to come.
whisper into the walls
"not yet".

There was no way
I was ready.

I'd pinkie
swear on my honor
oathed to be
a better
girl scout.

next time.
not this time.

I was not prepared
for company.



Now, I linger
at the window
my forehead
seeks glass
to balance
unseen forces.

Still I know
they are at work.


Will it be
like a knock
at the door?
Who's to bring me
an anwser to a prayer
so old, I hardly
recall forming?

(Yes,they were mine.)


No, not death;
just no more life.

On this thin pane,
my fingers
trace circles
that have no
end.




wlf 11:01


Six pregnancy tests, two weeks apart. No pregnancy. But now what?
posted by wendy at 10:51 AM

9 Comments:

beautiful. wow.

as i read this, i must admit to thinking about myself and wondering about one day being a mother...the way we, as readers of poetry, so often make a poem all about us.

to then read your words at the end of the post...

sending you peace today...

9/13/07, 11:52 AM  

nice, very nice.
wishing you all the best

9/13/07, 12:51 PM  

I liked the way you turned verbs at the beginning of stanzas 1 and 3. The poem speaks clearly.

9/13/07, 2:09 PM  

The image at the end took my breath away! Powerful!

9/13/07, 2:52 PM  

It will happen. Now, just relax!

What a poem!

9/13/07, 8:22 PM  

This is so beautiful and poignant - very powerful!

9/13/07, 9:05 PM  

What? All joking aside. What???

9/14/07, 1:21 PM  

I'm with Pepek ... please tell.
A beautiful poem. Sending warm thoughts. :)

9/16/07, 6:34 AM  

Now what? Now what?

At 45, I'm losing my rhythm, losing my sense that time is on my side, feeling compromised as a woman, and vacillating between thinking that menopause is nature's way of saying I'm obsolete and thinking menopause is nature's way of telling me to take my eyes off caretaking and BECOME.

I think there's a post perking in me on this subject.

9/17/07, 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home